Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome, 2007!


Happy New Year, Everyone!

To welcome a new year of blogging, I'm announcing my new, repurposed blog: From Hippie to Yuppie (formerly called "Books + Worms + Isms"). I'm expanding it to house not just my "literary geekeries" (book-related rants and reviews), but also my career-related musings. I find it necessary to do this as I make a full transition from a New-Agey, Left-leaning Ivory Tower spoiled brat into a career-oriented young professional. It should be interesting as I graduate from the lofty world of Social and Critical Theory and now face the realities of "making a living" as I further integrate myself into the corporate world to pursue my career.

From learning to be literate to learning to be corporate. Damn, I have an interesting year ahead of me. Wishing you one, too! =)

For the uninitiated:
* A "yuppie" is a young urban professional. (details)
* And what's a hippie, you ask? Here.
(I'm a "hodgepodge hippie," by the way. =) I've appropriated and do live so many of the liberal ethos, politics and styles associated with The '60s Counterculture.)

No comments: