Good news, fellow insomniacs!
![]() |
I guess that should make me feel good about--and somewhat justified for being--an insomniac. While the above-mentioned research is fraught with qualifiers (it's not considered overwhelmingly conclusive), the findings resonate with me, personally. Some of my most enlightened and creative moments happen between 1 and 4 am. Many nights I'd hop off my bed and sit at my desk to write or brainstorm ideas for the "next" day. That 1-to-4am block, to me, are my peak hours when I'm so high and ideas seem to flow effortlessly. I'm sure I'm not alone in this experience. I'd like to think that I'm not the lone sleep-deprived soul enjoying those hushful nights of intense "awakening."
But, but, BUT: as the article's author quotes,
In our sleep clinic we see lots of people who have insomnia and function at a high level. The only trouble is, they feel miserable during the day.
Touché.
...
Feature article on this topic written by Dennis Drabbelle for The Washington Post. Republished on The Vancouver Sun, March 24, 2007.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tags: :: ivory tower itches :: rants raves reviews ::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::







No comments:
Post a Comment