Thursday, May 24, 2007

Grrreat news!

I have great news -- I got a new job! I recently accepted a job offer from UBC. (...Aha, they hired a grad from rival SFU! ;)) The job primarily involves managing the publications and ads, from creative conception to content development to design and production then distribution. I'll be managing the workflow, and will be working with writers, designers, photographers, printers, cool geeks, etc. It has elements of PR and strategies too, so I'm happy. Very happy, as a matter of fact. The position is vastly more creative than my previous job; it allows me to do both writing and design.

I also like the fact that it's with UBC--I mean, it's one of the finest universities in Canada, and as an organization it is named a Top 30 Employer in terms of work environment, benefits, etc.

I'm very happy. Now I can look back and be thankful for all the rejections I had prior to bagging this job. (Funny how life works out, eh!) Before the UBC opportunity came along, I tried out with...uhm, let's see... four other organizations. With a couple of them I came so close, only to lose to a slightly stronger competitor. One interview was quite a disaster. Another interview involved a high-power woman with 10 inches of makeup on her face (ugh!). I'll talk about 'em more in a later post. For now, allow me to celebrate! :)

Thank you to everyone who supported me in spirit. Cheers!!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tags: :: a day in her life :: career and (anti-)cubicle ::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

No comments: