Miss Magic Eyes
![]() |
I'm currently producing a fictitious travel magazine which I modelled after my all-time favourite, National Geographic. (Nerdy, I know... but hey, what's wrong with having a stuffy, high-brow taste? ;)) My magazine may be fictitious, but it's a real project. I conceptualized an actual lineup of editorial content; I did the creative design (using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and what not); I even custom-designed some hypothetical ads. When it's all done, I'll have it professionally printed at a shop. Just like a true magazine. Well, almost.
Why all the fuss about this glossy rag, you wonder? My, it's for my portfolio. It's been a while since I last produced a magazine-style project, so I thought I'd update my portfolio with a project like this. (Like I said recently, I'm gearing up for my next career moves -- that explains the portfolio madness. I think I'm prime for a more creative and strategic role. Maybe it's just my inflated ego talking, but really, I'm ready and I deserve it.)
So there I was, searching and searching for magazine-worthy photos online... and then bam! pow! yeeehah! -- I saw this beeeeeeeeeautiful face of a little Nepalese girl. Hello, cover girl! I chirped, looking deep into the "magic eyes" of this angelic image on my screen. Truly, she has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen in my life: I'm breathless.
Move over, Tyra's "top model" bitches and wannabes, because it's settled: Miss Magic Eyes will be on the cover of my magazine. :)
Disclaimers: Any photo that I
That said, I commend all photographers whose genius works appear all over the Internet--free for admirers and creative aspirers like me to use them as inspiration. :)
Oopsie...
Hours after posting this, I found out that the photo was that of a boy, not girl. My apologies. But boy or girl, "Miss Magic Eyes" is still cute.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tags: :: a day in her life :: career and (anti-)cubicle :: media and pop culture :: rants raves reviews ::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::







No comments:
Post a Comment